March 23rd, 2012 Comments Off on Portraits of Makers: Stephany Xu
- Who are you?
- What do you do?
I do Retail Design and Development.
- What inspires you?
Individuals pursuing their passions inspires me. Efficient and elegant designs/systems.
- What attracts you to the space/what do you like about the space?
You feel at ease in Xinchejian, everyone is genuinely passionate and always up for doing something fun and helping each other.
- What do you want to do/accomplish/learn/share/experience?
I want to create/build something that can be shared. I also want to build a giant robotic mimosa plant.
- If there is only one thing you could share with people, what would it be?
Hm..I would share my experience of how I discovered my passion and the personal growth and rewards that come from it.
- Tell us a secret.. one you haven’t told anyone else?
Awesomely rendered parametric designs have brought tears to my eyes.
- Who’s your idol?
I don’t really have a particular idol, but i idolize people who are passionate about something and have a genuine drive that is unyielding to any kind of social or practical convention. They do what they love and it shows.
- Where would you rate yourself on a geeky slider? (or nerdy if you are that way)
I am medium geek/nerd..I would say I’m a 5 out of 10 at best. There is way more things for me to learn before I can put myself in the ranks of the greats. I’m just a girl with a hobby/interest.