September 6th, 2014 § § permalink
Every Monday from September 08, 2014, 19:00 – 21:00 pm
Are you interested in robots, programming, 3d printing or simply play and have fun making? Well start your week with this cool technology, open to everyone. No initial knowledge required. Come and learn how to make robots with hardware kits and PCB boards based on arduino, 3d print for custom parts; join us every Monday from 7pm.
The Robot Monday group will be hosting a free exploring workshop for XinCheJian members only from 5pm to 7pm on September 8th, prior to group meetup. Become a XinCheJian member learn about robots.
September 3rd, 2014 § § permalink
Friday, September 19, 2014 18:30 – 21:00 PM to Sunday, September 21, 2014
XinCheJian will host a Crossover Hackathon!
Thanks to a proliferation of inexpensive SBCs (Single Board Computers), such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi, and an amazing array of easy-to-use sensors and actuators, the lines between programming and hardware are blurring fast. Even if you know nothing at all about hardware, you can get started in minutes and make a leap from the virtual to the physical. Along the way, you can help demonstrate why XinCheJian persists today: the vision that things can work together with open source and skills sharing. Join us to make simple hardware easy and complicated hardware possible, even if you are not an engineer.
The hack-a-thon will kick off on September 19th from 18:30 – 21:00pm at XinCheJian and run from 9am on September 20th – 17:00pm on September 21st. The finalists in each theme will pitch their concept at kickoff. The winners are eligible to receive valuable prizes.
Hackathon Event Dates and Details
• September 20th, 2014 – concept development and hacking
• September 21, 2014- Hacking and Finalist presentations, judging and awards ceremony from 5:00pm – 7:00pm.
• Teams will be offered some pre-selected hardware and components.
• Finalist presentations to the panel are limited to 15 minutes.
Rules and Guidelines:
• Max 5 people on each team
• All IP belongs to team or individual
• Create a quality powerpoint presentation and/or product demo
• Participants will have 10 minutes to present and a 5 minute Q&A
Judging Criteria: Scored 1-5 and weighed
• Access to experts for product, idea validation, finalization of product, and presentation advice.
• Winner of each theme will receive valuable prizes and chance to represent XinCheJian at Makers Carnival.
** Registration Deadline: 5pm on September 13th, 2014.
August 5th, 2014 § § permalink
ZBrush – 一个强有力的数字艺术创造工具 A powerful digital sculpting tool
ZBrush is a digital sculpting and painting program that has revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows. With an arsenal of features that have been developed with usability in mind, ZBrush creates a user experience that feels incredibly natural while simultaneously inspiring the artist within. With the ability to sculpt up to a billion polygons, ZBrush allows you to create limited only by your imagination.
工作坊第一节：基础教程详解 Session 1
ZBrush入门_视图和二维操作 View and 2D Design
ZBrush入门_雕刻简介 About Sculpting
ZBrush入门_雕刻操作的技巧 Sculpting Techniques
ZBrush入门_subtool简介 About Subtool
ZBrush入门_镂空效果 Hollow-out Effect