February 2nd, 2013 § § permalink
We’ve started a new project in Xinchejian, the Project City, code name “Metropolis“.
More about the project will be in the wiki soon as we just begun. Today we built the table where the city will be installed.
The project will be a fusion of 3D projection and robot hardware combined with mechanics and interactive components.
This project is open for all members with interest. There will be a huge part in 3D mapping/projection and this content has to be created too. The robotics and mechanical part will include Arduino based hardware for the movements, communication between the central computer and the city and interface for interactive components.
If you think you could help with something then just let us know.
August 2nd, 2012 § Comments Off on Swarm Robots reloaded § permalink
After weeks of silence we are going to restart the Swarm Bot team Project this week.
We did some progress making a couple of test boards and wiorking robot base inccluding the first infrared beacon design but other tasks needed to be done before.
Now it’s the perfect time to start all over again and bring it to an successful end. Our plan is to send this to maybe two competitions (more about this later)
If you are interested to join the team then become a member. Members don’t have to pay additional for working in a team like this.
You are afraid that you are not smart enough? Well, nobody in our team is an expert for swarm robots yet, so please just bring in whatever you can.
Please also have a look at the Wiki to see the progress we already made: http://wiki.xinchejian.com/wiki/Swarm_robots
December 28th, 2011 § § permalink
Milkymist One is a video synthesizer to create real-time visual effects from live audio and video input. It can be used as a turnkey solution without any modification. No computer needed. But it doesn’t stop there. For more advanced and creative usages, Milkymist One also provides interfaces to:
- MIDI devices/controllers
- DMX512 input/output
- OpenSoundControl clients
- USB computer keyboard, mouse
- Infrared remote control
The simple yet rich Flickernoise Patching (FNP) language allows any individual to create unique and personalized visual effects without requiring any computer programming experience.
Miikymist One can be used in Concerts, Performances, Clubs, Festivals, Installations, Parties, and more.
For hardware and software open source enthusiasts, Milkymist One is the choice of your new development ground.
- XC6SLX45 Spartan-6 FPGA
- 128MB 32-bit DDR400 SDRAM
- 32MB parallel flash
- VGA output, 24bpp, up to 140MHz pixel clock
- Multi-standard video input (PAL/SECAM/NTSC)
- AC’97 audio
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Memory card reader that accepts microSD cards
- Two USB-A receptacles that accept USB peripherals
- Two DMX512 ports
- MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports
- RC5-compatible infrared receiver
- RS232 debug port
- JTAG port
- Flickernoise VJ Application
- RTEMS real-time operating system
- YAFFS flash filesystem
- Verilog HDL code for Milkymist SOC (LM32 CPU, MIDI, DMX, etc)
- libpng, libjpeg, openjpeg and jbig2dec image decompression libraries.
- freetype font rendering system.
- MuPDF library for the online help system.
- MTK, a modified version of the Genode FX embedded GUI toolkit.
- liboscparse, a variant of liblo, for OpenSoundControl communications.
You can find more about Milkymist One at: