April 3rd, 2013 § § permalink
Holiday folks! it’s time to hack stuff! Thursday -> Saturday, Check the website often over this holiday time, we’re going to be doing all sorts of magic.
Announcements this week:
- Valentin from Social glasses is back in town, catch him around the space!
- Ladies, it’s your turn, sign up for 3months at XinCheJian and get 1 month for free, starting.. last week
- Roboracing – it’s on the 6th of April! 2pm – 5pm bring your 10 second cars! or your ultra fast line followers, the competition is just starting for the season – we’re waiting on a special location announcement for this race, i think you dont want to miss it, plus work on your car Thursday and Friday as it’s a tomb sweeping holiday!
- May is dedicated to the month of Cinematography – keep an eye out for events revolving around cinematography
- June is dedicated to “intro” for everything, from introduction to arduino, machine room, 3d printing, 3d modeling, electronics, this is the ultimate makers month!
Summary for Wednesday/本周三开放日综述
- Tom Igoe – one night only! see him in XinCheJian – Internet of Things Expert: Author, Arduino Team Member and Teacher
Tom Igoe is an Associate Arts Professor at NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP). Coming from a background in theatre lighting design, Igoe makes tools that sense and respond to a wide range of human physical expression. He is the aread head for physical computing courses, and teaches courses in networking as well. He is also interested in how to lessen the impact that making things has on the environment, and how open hardware development can contribute to that. He has written three books for makers, and is working on a fourth. He is an occasional contributor to Make magazine as well. He is a co-founder of Arduino. He has consulted for various museums and interactive design companies as well. He is currently living a personal dream of working with monkeys, and wants to visit Svalbard someday.
Also if you use Processing and Arduino you can thank him tonight!
ONE NIGHT ONLY! DONT MISS OUT!
March 27th, 2013 § § permalink
Matt and Lucio are famous now! The foreigners determine to realize their dreams in China!
Fast forward to 18:18!
March 13th, 2013 § § permalink
MengQi was down this weekend giving some amazing workshops, everything from a theremin to cracklebox and his famous osc6 kit, congratulations to everyone who came, built and played their new musical instruments into the late evening and thanks to MengQi from coming from Beijing to XinCheJian.
Announcements this week:
- This week we want your 5rmb at the door, that money is going straight into the donation box!
- Spring Cleaning – this weekend the 16th of march we have a spring cleaning organized, everyone is welcome to join in – we’ll start from 11am for a brunch at XinCheJian – Baozi’s, Egg on Toast and a little cleaning/organization to our favourite hackerspace.
- Ladies, it’s your turn, sign up for 3months at XinCheJian and get 1 month for free, starting.. now
- XinCheJian is turning 3 this month, join us for a wild party @ the space mark your calendars the 26th of march – it’s a Tuesday – we need help, we need your help – a BIG cake for XinCheJian’s birthday – feed 50+ people, you can make one or help organize one!
- Roboracing – it’s on the 6th of April! 2pm – 5pm bring your 10 second cars! or your ultra fast line followers, the competition is just starting for the season, plus work on your car Thursday and Friday as it’s a tomb sweeping holiday!
=Summary for Wednesday/本周三开放日综述=
- Mike Loh – Cosplay (EN)
- CSK – RoboPeak Mini Robot (CN)
- Allen Yang – Machines will make it (CN)
Mike Loh from uratz Studio will be giving his presentation on Cosplay and some awesome things he makes and is also looking to go electric, think Iron Man costumes and some Holly wood animatronics!
CSK has been followed around all week by TV cameras as he prepares to give his presentation this week on RoboPeak Mini Robot and robotics.
Allen yang from the machining industry is excited to present this week, he built him self a low cost CNC previously and knows his Equipment: lathes, milling machines, machining centers, shears, bending machines, presses, CNC press! you name it he does it.
March 6th, 2013 § § permalink
Congratulations to those that built a 3D printer on the weekend with @Lucio鲁修
Lots of announcements this week, where to start:
- From next week we’re going to ask you for 5rmb at the door for non-members, sign up on the night as a member and get your 5rmb back!
- Ladies, it’s your turn, sign up for 3months at XinCheJian and get 1 month for free, starting.. now，
- it’s XinCheJian’s 2nd anniversary this month, join us for a wild party @ the space – mark your calendars the 26th of march – it’s a Tuesday – we need help, we need your help – a BIG cake for XinCheJian’s birthday – feed 50+ people, you can make one or help organize one!
- Robot racing – it’s on the 6th of April! 2pm – 5pm bring your 10 second cars! or your ultra fast line followers, the competition is just starting for the season, plus work on your car Thursday and Friday as it’s a tomb sweeping holiday!
- Make+ is gaining traction, email us to find out how you can get involved.
Summary for Wednesday
We need your support this week, we have 2 fragile live demonstrations, dont touch! just look
Daedalus City project is an exciting project emerging from XinCheJian with a live demonstration wednesday evening with robots, lights, cameras and action! an amazing joint collaboration that is set to inspire you.
February 16th, 2013 § § permalink
This time, exactly the week before Chinese new year our Wednesday open house talk was recorded and broadcast in the Shanghai TV news yesterday evening. With a little bit luck we will appear in TV again and again if you (yes, you members) create cool projects which are interesting enough for the media to show.