June 5th, 2013 § § permalink
1. Shanghai Library – XinCheJian just launched an event in cooperation with the Shanghai Library (exit line 10.. shanghai library) projects are being displayed on the 3rd floor and will be rotated throughout the month – check it out daily.
2. Doodlebot competition offering – buy now, 190rmb for the robot, order today to firstname.lastname@example.org but you will be on the hook for the cash if you change your mind! Read more here about the competition – http://letsmakerobots.com/node/37126
3. It’s time to buy stuff.. everything must go, ask about Mitch Altman kits to get started in electronics.
4. Don’t forget to renew your membership! If you aren’t sure, talk to a staff member.
IoT – Rob van Kranenburg
Dr. J. (Sjaak) Wolfert: SmartAgriFood
David Li: Makers and IoT
Andrew: LED Cube and Timer
February 2nd, 2013 § § permalink
We’ve started a new project in Xinchejian, the Project City, code name “Metropolis“.
More about the project will be in the wiki soon as we just begun. Today we built the table where the city will be installed.
The project will be a fusion of 3D projection and robot hardware combined with mechanics and interactive components.
This project is open for all members with interest. There will be a huge part in 3D mapping/projection and this content has to be created too. The robotics and mechanical part will include Arduino based hardware for the movements, communication between the central computer and the city and interface for interactive components.
If you think you could help with something then just let us know.
July 25th, 2012 § Comments Off on Wednesday Meetup – Free – @ XinCheJian – 7-9pm – 25/07/2012 § permalink
Summary for Wednesday
On Saturday at 2:30pm in XinCheJian David will be doing a mini workshop for 30 minutes, on starting seedlings for hydroponics, he needs your help, it’s free for members to attend, if you’re not a member, sign up before the workshop.
What great weather we’ve had this week? t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. we’ve strip it it down even further at XinCheJian, we’re going naked – free yourself!
- Shiyin Cai – Dialogue in the dark
- Bernard Xiong – RTOS/RT-Thread
- Aler Gu – 17 year making with fast contributions
Shiyin Cai from Dialogue in the dark a China NGO raises awareness of issues facing visually impaired, expect total darkness (Or as best we can).
Bernard Xiong from Real time operating system and lead developer, he recently released ART and opensource development board for RT-Thread and will be demoing ART.
Aler Gu will be traveling across the country to come an present at XinCheJian, at age 17 he holds 2 patents, won numerous national awards and launched innovation clubs all revolving around robots and robotics, he gave a short demo at XinCheJian on the weekend of his mechanical hand, which was inspiring to see. he also has a voice controlled robot looking a bit like johnny 5.
Have something good to present? email email@example.com for a short overview.