August 1st, 2016 § Comments Off on Design your own Printed Circuit Board August 7 § permalink
报名参加 Sign Up
What’s a PCB? – it’s that thing inside all electronics that does all the electrical stuff. There comes a time in life where you want to make some complex projects tiny or customized or of a certain quality. The workshop will be run in English only and last about 4 hours through a structured flow.
When? – August 7th, Sunday, 9:30 – 12:30
How much will it cost me?
– How much are you willing to pay for a new skill? Remember, it’s an introduction
– 450rmb if you’re a member, 550rmb if you’re not and you become a member for a month.
I’m a newbie, should I do it?
– Totally, its designed as a follow along program
I’m not a newbie, should I do it?
– Totally, if you’ve never done it before
I’m a parent, can my child do it?
– Totally, but you are expected to be there with your child and address any behavioral issues, if it cannot be, the risk is we ask you both to leave.
The following topics will be covered:
· Introduction to Eagle, file organization – 15minutes
· Setup your first board, DRC and ERC – 10 minutes
· Learn the interface and as many shortcuts as you can remember
· Create your first Schema (reference provided) – 30 minutes
· Create your first library using a reference sheet – 30 minutes
· Layout your first board like playing Tetris! – 30 minutes
· Route the traces both: manually and automatically – 30 minutes
· Tips & Tricks – 15 minutes
· Prepare files to send off for manufacturing (dirtypcbs) – 15 minutes
We’ll adjust the timing according to the process of the attendees.
What you need to do before arriving:
1. Install eagle from Cadsoft: Mac/Windows/Linux – https://cadsoft.io/
2. If you can open the software! register and pay so we know how many are coming.
3. Bring your computer with you on the day
– You will be challenged in both design and physical size! – there is a competition for this.
What are we making again?
– We’re going to be referencing the Annoying ATtiny85 circuit, a tiny little device you can stick anywhere around someone to annoy them over the course of a year on a single battery.
What about a Follow on workshop?
– Great idea, why don’t we send off one PCB to manufacture and make them 2 weeks later.
July 20th, 2016 § Comments Off on 机械臂制造工作坊 8月6日| Learn how to make robot arm August 6th § permalink
报名参加 Sign Up
8月6日, 13:30 – 16:30
June 22nd, 2016 § Comments Off on New Intern Yu Liu § permalink
My name is Yu Liu and I will be a rising junior at the University of Florida this coming fall. I am majoring in Electrical Engineering and I will be interning at XinCheJian from June 20th to August 14th. I hope to gain experience in electronic designs and learn as much as I can these next few weeks. As an intern here at XinCheJian, I will be keeping the space clean and organized, helping out with workshops, marketing the site, and assisting staff while also working on my own project.
I will be working on an electronic skateboard project with Dooho (another intern). We were generously provided a board from Eduardo and will be trying to implement a lightweight, yet effective design. We will also be helping Eduardo out with a light sensing robot that he will be showcasing at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Shanghai. We will be learning how to build the small robot and then we will be teaching 14-18 year olds at the MWC event where there will be over 70,000 attendees and 8000 companies.
Here’s to a great 8 weeks!
MWC SHANGHAI – http://www.mwcshanghai.com/
New interns: Yu Liu (Right) Dooho (left) messing with the tools in Xinfab