Alan is a Senior Solutions Architect at frog design. Normally he’s advising companies on software architecture and technology strategy, but at the weekends he’s busy writing games, prototypes and interactive art, these days using Unity. He’s been programming games for over 20 years.
What can Unity do?
Unity is used to develop video games for PC, consoles, mobile devices and websites.
Unity3D是由Unity Technologies开发的一个让玩家轻松创建诸如三维视频游戏、建筑可视化、实时三维动画等类型互动内容的多平台的综合型游戏开发工具，是一个全面整合的专业游戏引擎。Unity类似于Director,Blender game engine, Virtools 或 Torque Game Builder等利用交互的图型化开发环境为首要方式的软件。其编辑器运行在Windows 和Mac OS X下，可发布游戏至Windows、Mac、Wii、iPhone、WebGL（需要HTML5）、Windows phone 8和Android平台。也可以利用Unity web player插件发布网页游戏，支持Mac和Windows的网页浏览。它的网页播放器也被Mac widgets所支持。很多游戏设计师，用Unity3D来设计VR游戏。
During this 2.5 hour session, we will learn the basics of Unity by writing a simple physics-based game
Workshop structure 工作坊结构
2. What is Unity and how it compares to other game engines
3. Unity fundamental concepts – Scenes and GameObjects
4. Game Physics
5. Your first script
6. Managing Game State
7. An overview of more advance Unity concepts (animation, lighting, particles)
This workshop can help you 工作坊能做什么
– know what Unity can be used for
– understand how to write a simple game
– understand where to go next on your path to writing games
In order to attend you should 工作坊准备:
– at least know what a for loop is
– installed Unity on a computer you bring with you – this is a hands on lesson
– download unity here: https://store.unity.com/download?ref=personal
The class will be taught in English only.
November 12th, Saturday, 14:00 – 16:30
XinCheJian, East Yuyuan Rd, Number 28, Building 3 (Near to Tongren Rd) / 愚园东路28号3号楼1层
XinCheJian member: 300/person
Non member: 350/person
Non member plus one month membership: 400/person