SketchUp is a 3D modeling program for applications such as architectural, interior design, civil and mechanicalengineering, film, and video game design. A freeware version, SketchUp Make, and a paid version with additional functionality, SketchUp Pro, are available.
There is an online Open source repository of free-of-charge model assemblies (e.g., windows, doors, automobiles, etc.), 3D Warehouse, to which users may contribute models. The program includes drawing layout functionality, allows surface rendering in variable “styles”, supports third-party”plug-in” programs hosted on a site called Extension Warehouse to provide other capabilities (e.g., near photo-realistic rendering).
7月26号星期六下午1:00 – 2:30.
July 26th 1pm – 2:30pm
Shuttlecock is a traditional Asian game in which players aim to keep a heavily weighted shuttlecock in the air by using their bodies, apart from the hands. To attract kids’s interest on electronics, we embed LEDs inside shuttlecock to make it blink when people kick it. It will create a much more fun and appealing experience for sports in the evening. Play it at night for even more fun! In this workshop, participants will learn
- How to solder and
- Build a basic circuit
- Structure and mechanics of shuttlecock
***Caution: There are maybe some risks in Soldering, Parents please take care during this step.***
Creative Inventions Workshop 创新工作坊
with Ashley Coulson, British artist and teacher.
*** children under the age of 10 years old should have an adult present
We will also provide some tools, though you should bring their own basic craft tools such as scissors, pencils and pens, paints and glue.
This creativity workshop will allow you to think innovatively and ‘outside the box’; creative and transferrable skills important in many aspects of life and education.
You will use old clothes, plastic bottles, pieces of card and many more used objects to create and invent artwork, fashion pieces, or functional items like an umbrella or a chair. This is up-cycling or creative recycling.You will be encouraged to express themselves using a creative outlet. Self expression and creativity helps to make well rounded, healthy people.
Workshop outline: 工作坊介绍
· You will be introduced to the theme and concept of upcycling in a fun and creative way.
· You will be given demonstrations on how to use different materials and tools, such as sewing equipment,glue guns, spray paints and basic hand tools.
· You will then be teamed up in small groups and given a series of short upcycling challenges using a variety of waste or redundant objects and materials, such as old clothes, plastic bottles, buttons, food packaging etc.
· You will finish off by each crafting an upcycled creation to take home.
· You will learn to think creatively, use their imaginations, become inventors and be innovative.
· You will learn the importance of being environmentally friendly through upcycling and recycling.
· You will learn and expand on craft skills.
· You will learn how to use different tools
· You will build on their teamwork skills.
· You will expand their English vocabulary and learn about British art and culture.
· You will have the chance to meet other children and have fun in a relaxed and creative, yet educational workshop.
Good things to bring include: 适合携带至现场的物品
old clothing, shoes,accessories, costume jewelry,
Plastic bottles, glass bottles, tin cans, food packaging, cardboard,
Buttons, jewels, bottle tops,
Any broken electrical appliances, old or broken toys,
Magazines and newspapers.
If you have something you are going to throw away then think about bringing it before you do!