The Milkymist One team will do a presentation at XinCheJian on January 11th – register now!
Milkymist One is a video synthesizer to create real-time visual effects from live audio and video input. It can be used as a turnkey solution without any modification. No computer needed. But it doesn’t stop there. For more advanced and creative usages, Milkymist One also provides interfaces to:
- MIDI devices/controllers
- DMX512 input/output
- OpenSoundControl clients
- USB computer keyboard, mouse
- Infrared remote control
The simple yet rich Flickernoise Patching (FNP) language allows any individual to create unique and personalized visual effects without requiring any computer programming experience.
Miikymist One can be used in Concerts, Performances, Clubs, Festivals, Installations, Parties, and more.
For hardware and software open source enthusiasts, Milkymist One is the choice of your new development ground.
- XC6SLX45 Spartan-6 FPGA
- 128MB 32-bit DDR400 SDRAM
- 32MB parallel flash
- VGA output, 24bpp, up to 140MHz pixel clock
- Multi-standard video input (PAL/SECAM/NTSC)
- AC’97 audio
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Memory card reader that accepts microSD cards
- Two USB-A receptacles that accept USB peripherals
- Two DMX512 ports
- MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports
- RC5-compatible infrared receiver
- RS232 debug port
- JTAG port
- Flickernoise VJ Application
- RTEMS real-time operating system
- YAFFS flash filesystem
- Verilog HDL code for Milkymist SOC (LM32 CPU, MIDI, DMX, etc)
- libpng, libjpeg, openjpeg and jbig2dec image decompression libraries.
- freetype font rendering system.
- MuPDF library for the online help system.
- MTK, a modified version of the Genode FX embedded GUI toolkit.
- liboscparse, a variant of liblo, for OpenSoundControl communications.
Milkymist One is a mutual effort from it’s designer Sébastien Bourdeauducq (http://lekernel.net/), the developers of qi-hardware community (http://en.qi-hardware.com/), and the technology designer and manufacturer Sharism at Work Ltd (https://sharism.cc/milkymist/
You can find more about Milkymist One at: